Inquiry

The original NP2k Film Forum
Lance

Inquiry

Post by Lance »

I recently received an email seeking tattooers for a commercial shoot. Me, being me, was skeptical of an unsolicited casting call email so I hit him up for his elevator pitch and the details of the shoot. I got this in response:

"Thanks for reaching out in regards to the upcoming shoot notice, it would be an honor to work with you, We are one of the leaders in professional photography and filmmaking, specializing in portraiture and commercial Photography®.https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0625605/

You will be required to design and apply images of Under armor related logos and concept ( samples of artworks will be provided on the first day of the event) on one of the shoulders and leg of the model/s. Each Tattoo artist/s will be assigned to produce a fast but creative drawing on a single model per day for the period of two days. However, Tattoo Session Manager would be present at the studio as well to train tattoo artist/s for about two hours on the first day of the drawing session on the nature ofUnder armor related artworks required and the use of different techniques to create a unique output on Life model/s in order to meet the required purpose of the Commercial advert. This Tattoo drawing is expected to cover a small portion of the shoulder and leg. Tattoo Artist/s drawings will be credited and names shown in the sales commercial.*Location/Venue of event: The Tattoo drawing session will hold at a Private Studio in your location

Date : JANUARY 25th

*Compensation : The Total money pay for the job is USD 5,000 (Tax deductible) and you will get $500 as your advance/upfront booking fee and balance of USD 4,500 will be paid on the first day of the Tattoo drawing session. The Tattoo drawing session on the models is expected to last for a period of two days as stated above in a Private Studio in your area and this will be backed up by a contract that will be made available on the first day of the drawing session.

equipment.

Below are the Sign-up details you are to forward to us for filling and to mail you the aforementioned Paycheck

INFO NEEDED
1. Your full name mobile number and address"

I wouldn't be opposed to doing something like this but something seems off. Why are they not using a casting agent or holding a casting call to vet participants?

Anyway, I figured I'd hit up you industry professionals to see if any of this seems legit in any way. What do you guys think, scam?
Lance

Re: Inquiry

Post by Lance »

They probably should've spelled "Under Armour" correct if they wanted me to go any further past the "I wonder if this is legit" stage.
Good effort though.

So, how's everyone? What's your hopes, what's your dreams, how are you managing your disappointments?
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter »

I probably should check these forums more often.

Yes, totally a scam. Your mobile number and address? lol, at least lube you up before they fuck you.
Lance

Post by Lance »

Chad Peter wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:46 pm I probably should check these forums more often.

Yes, totally a scam. Your mobile number and address? lol, at least lube you up before they fuck you.
Hey, at least you stop by on occasion.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter »

Lance wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:22 pm
Chad Peter wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:46 pm I probably should check these forums more often.

Hey, at least you stop by on occasion.
This is true. Every so often once I remember I've actually been paying for this thing...
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

When I got my first iPhone I bookmarked NP2k before deciding I should be minimal with my bookmarks. So congratulations, I drive traffic thanks to a decade+ of your website being one of 8 of my phone bookmarks.

If you see a post from me it's because it's a quiet day on social media/the news, and I may or may not still be on the toilet and need more reading to do.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter »

Ornsack wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:45 am
When I got my first iPhone I bookmarked NP2k before deciding I should be minimal with my bookmarks. So congratulations, I drive traffic thanks to a decade+ of your website being one of 8 of my phone bookmarks.

If you see a post from me it's because it's a quiet day on social media/the news, and I may or may not still be on the toilet and need more reading to do.
Frankly, I'd expect nothing less. Posting on a forum while taking a shit is one of life's treasured times.