The Hell With This Podcast #16 - Talk Radio

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

The Hell With This Podcast #16 - Talk Radio

Post by Chad Peter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:53 am

"Talk Radio"

Where this movie disappeared to is beyond us. Frankly, I'd never even heard of it prior to Mark suggesting it as a possible option. At the height of his prime, Oliver Stone set out to direct this film - a film based on a PLAY, by the way - and generally knocked it out of the park, despite the movie vanishing from at least my own little world view. All this considered, "Talk Radio" is a pretty great watch and a valid political piece that still holds true today (ESPECIALLY NOW). Inspired by (SPOILER, but based on real life facts?) the real life murder of a Denver, Colorado talk radio host - a Jewish man whose mouth and words got him in trouble with the far-right white supremacy group that ultimately killed him in the parking lot outside of his radio station. This movie deserves some attention.

http://www.np2k.com/podcast/episodes/TH ... KRADIO.mp3

Talk Radio (1988)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096219/combined

Performers of note: Eric Bogosian, Alec Baldwin, John C. McGinley, Ellen Greene, Leslie Hope.
talkradio.jpg
talkradio.jpg (125.48 KiB) Viewed 529 times

Lance

Re: The Hell With This Podcast #16 - Talk Radio

Post by Lance » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Pretty sure I've seen this but I picked up a copy of the DVD to give it another go.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Re: The Hell With This Podcast #16 - Talk Radio

Post by Chad Peter » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Lance wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 pm
Pretty sure I've seen this but I picked up a copy of the DVD to give it another go.
Sweet! Let us know what you think.