The Hell With This Podcast #14 - Frailty

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

The Hell With This Podcast #14 - Frailty

Post by Chad Peter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:24 pm

"Frailty"

RIP Bill Paxton, you talented bastard. Mark and I sulk in a darker world and try to bring ourselves around to a world without Private Hudson. This is a special episode for us - it's our first time having a special guest on the episode - a coworker of mine and editor on the Bill Paxton series, "Big Love", Mr. Byron Smith. "Frailty" seemed like the right choice to memorialize Mr. Paxton, because it was a rare glimpse into seeing Bill direct a feature film for the first time. It's rumored (mostly by us, sans research) that Bill wanted to direct more things, but perhaps just enjoyed life too much to suffer thru the misery of directing - in any case, he succeeded here.

So... crack open a cheap beer, sit back, and let off some steam as we celebrate the life of one Mr. Bill Paxton. Posted three days early, for your listening enjoyment.

http://www.np2k.com/podcast/episodes/TH ... RAILTY.mp3

Frailty (2001)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264616/combined

Performers of note: Bill Paxton, Bill Paxton, Bill Paxton, and Bill Paxton.
frailty_ver2.jpg
frailty_ver2.jpg (93.86 KiB) Viewed 403 times

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Re: The Hell With This Podcast #14 - Frailty

Post by Chad Peter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Added that this episode features a special guest star, Mr. Byron Smith

Lance

Post by Lance » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 am

Now you guys have me looking through my movie collection to see just how many movies I have that Bill Paxton is in. Sure enough, he's in Stripes, soldier #8. I'll just go ahead and put that back next to the copy of Armageddon...
which is next to my copies of 2012, Dante's Peak, Volcano, The Day After Tomorrow...
of which Bill Paxton is in none of because they are all terrible ventures into escapism through outlandish disaster scenarios that any intelligent human being would rightly dismiss with critical prejudice.

But, some days I just don't want to think anymore. Some days I just want to sit on my couch and watch the world burn. Oh look, Twister. :)

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:51 am

Lance wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 am
Now you guys have me looking through my movie collection to see just how many movies I have that Bill Paxton is in. Sure enough, he's in Stripes, soldier #8. I'll just go ahead and put that back next to the copy of Armageddon...
which is next to my copies of 2012, Dante's Peak, Volcano, The Day After Tomorrow...
of which Bill Paxton is in none of because they are all terrible ventures into escapism through outlandish disaster scenarios that any intelligent human being would rightly dismiss with critical prejudice.

But, some days I just don't want to think anymore. Some days I just want to sit on my couch and watch the world burn. Oh look, Twister. :)
Hah... So they DO have an audience for those movies. I've always wondered... (secretly, I've loved most of those... especially 2012). San Andreas was a fun one, too. So dumb, yet so wonderful... for reasons I will never understand.

Lance

Post by Lance » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Chad Peter wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:51 am

Hah... So they DO have an audience for those movies. I've always wondered... (secretly, I've loved most of those... especially 2012). San Andreas was a fun one, too. So dumb, yet so wonderful... for reasons I will never understand.
Heh, yeah. I just like movies. All genres. Even really bad movies sometimes just because they're really bad. I do have my limits though, I refuse to do Sharknado or the Twilight series. Just...no.

By the way, Frailty is on Netflix right now.