The Hell With This Podcast #13 - "Flirting"

The heart of 2k. Back again, since 1999... give or take a few restarts.
Chad Peter
Site Admin

The Hell With This Podcast #13 - "Flirting"

Post by Chad Peter » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 pm

"Flirting"

What can I say about this movie that probably no one here has ever heard of? "Flirting" is an Australian film made in the early 1990's, starring a whole lot of actors/actresses that you've assuredly seen elsewhere since (even though they were "small time" at the time of release), including Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Thandie Newton, Noah Taylor and... well, maybe that's all you'd recognize, but yeah, it's worth a watch if you enjoyed films like "Dead Poets Society" and (every other boarding school movie ever). If THAT doesn't make you excited to listen to this podca----- wait, why would any of that excite you enough to spend an hour listening to us grovel on about scandal and such (yes, this podcast is complete with scandal - which we didn't know about until about mid-way thru the movie). I guess I'll do the click-bait thing and tell you to listen to find out what it is. So, yeah. Listen. I mean, it's fucking produced by George "Mad Max" Miller, for fuck's sake... or George "Happy Feet" Miller, if that's more your speed.

http://www.np2k.com/podcast/episodes/TH ... IRTING.mp3

Flirting (1991)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101898/combined

Performers of note: Noah Taylor, Thandie Newton, Nicole Kidman, Bartholomew Rose (I think?), Naomi Watts, and a bunch of other Australians.
flirting.jpg
flirting.jpg (130.61 KiB) Viewed 152 times

Lance

Re: The Hell With This Podcast #13 - "Flirting"

Post by Lance » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:40 am

Posting as I'm listening. I have headphones on and blurted "Contemporary" out to am empty room as you guys were contemplating when the events are happening concurrent to the present. Apparently you guys couldn't hear me almost a month after the conversation, from my living room...weird.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:07 am

Bahahaha, we'll pay attention (to telepathy) next time.

Heiliger

Post by Heiliger » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:26 pm

I really hate when I can't think of a very common word like that. Sometime brain no good work. Chad, can you cut those moments from the show from now on?

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 pm

Heiliger wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:26 pm
I really hate when I can't think of a very common word like that. Sometime brain no good work. Chad, can you cut those moments from the show from now on?
Oh, sure - wait, you mean the parts that make me look good?

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Heiliger wrote:
I struggle with this affliction every time I open my mouth. Don't go cutting out the imperfections that keep things real and relatable. We like that stuff.

Chad Peter
Site Admin

Post by Chad Peter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Lance wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:04 pm
Heiliger wrote:
I struggle with this affliction every time I open my mouth. Don't go cutting out the imperfections that keep things real and relatable. We like that stuff.
Been pretty good about that so far. Only a few times now have I cut anything because maybe we went a little too far in some directions we probably shouldn't have gone.